HOORAY FOR MAKING HEALTHIER CHOICES!
Now to take care of your awesome cloth pads
- Pre-wash your pads by hand or machine before using for the first time.
DURING YOUR PERIOD
- Pre-rinse your pads in cold water until the water runs clear or leave it to soak overnight.
- You can hand or machine wash your pads.
- Hand wash: Hand wash with detergent in warm water.
- Machine wash: Add to your next machine wash on a gentle, warm cycle.
- Hang your pad on the line, in the sun if possible to help remove stains.
AFTER YOUR PERIOD
- Some staining is normal due the nature of blood, bodily fluids, and absorbency of cloth pads and should not be cause for concern. For heavy or stubborn stains, try rubbing bicarb soda with a little water on the stain.
- Every couple of months (or more frequently if you suffer from yeast infections), wash your pads with a small amount of any of the following:
- white vinegar
- apple cider vinegar
- tee tree oil, or
- eucalyptus oil
- Thoroughly rinse your pads and line dry.